Another artist’s work added to the Zelart Scholarship section of our stock art collection. Giedrius has created two full colour pieces of art for science fiction work. You can use these pieces for personal or professional projects – subject to the attached licence – after purchase HERE.
After a protracted illness, I am trying to ease back into work and freelancing is the best way to control the amount of work and get back into discipline and practice. I’m flexible and willing to work on most kinds of projects – including computer games – if you need an experienced or creative hand to lend some flair.
**I AM AVAILABLE FOR FREELANCE WORK:**
Links to my profiles on Fiverr & People Per Hour (these will be expanded as I add services):
Currently, my 2018 plate is clear and free for freelancing and consultancy. I’m pretty reliable, despite my health issues, and can offer reasonably fast turnaround. I can, perhaps uniquely, provide detail and grounding to scenarios – even dungeons – to humanise them and give them a bit of depth. Give me a try, see what I can do for your games.
I am a 17+ year veteran of the tabletop game publishing world with lots of experience in freelancing and self-publishing.
I’ve worked for Wizards of the Coast, Steve Jackson Games, Nightfall, Cubicle Seven Entertainment and more. I have also written fiction and worked on social media computer games, packing a lot of meaning into short pieces of text.
As a self-publisher, I have overseen every step of the publication process from concept through to publication including writing, editing, layout and modification. I also produce Youtube material and have begun producing audiobooks. If you need some narration for a video project or an audiobook reading, I can help.
Here are some of the services I can offer, and the minimum prices offered – though anything is negotiable up or down depending on the client. I will work pseudonymously if that is a concern for you.
- New writing (raw text): $0.03c/word (minimum)
- Proofreading/Light Editing/Commentary: $0.01c/word (second and third deeper passes are possible).
- ePublishing/RPG Publishing consultation. Skype/Hangout/Call: $20/hour.
- Consultation on your game project: $20/hour.
- Layout (InDesign): $11 an hour.
- Stock Art Shopfront: Postmortem Studios have a huge stock art catalogue from multiple artists and we’d love to add * you to that storefront. If you’re an artist who wants to sell your stock art but doesn’t want to deal with the accounts and uploads etc with your own storefront (which would be my first recommendation), then I can do that for you for 50% (I round up your payouts). Even if you don’t want to do this through me I recommend doing it anyway for all artists and can consult on best practice if you need advice.
- Voice Work: If you find my dulcet tones to your liking, I’m available for voice over work and narration, recording audiobooks and more. Rates negotiable, starting at $11 per hour.
- Promotion/Interview: Free. If you have a product you want to pimp out or would like to just talk game design and culture, you’re welcome to talk to me and appear on my Youtube channel.
- Book Trailers/Videos/Adverts.
* Paid Gamesmastering over streams/skype.
Alex of Penetralia Press was kind enough to help us out with the Zelart Scholarship project by providing some art for us to sell to support next year’s fundraiser.
You can check it out, and a lot more besides HERE. Buying this stock art will help young genre artists in the future, but Postmortem Studios also has a great selection of commercial stock art by Brad McDevitt and a ton of great RPG games and resources. Alex’s work will be being released over the next few days, so keep checking back!
As you may recall we do a charity drive each year to provide a scholarship for young and struggling fantasy artists. This year we did something a little different, hiring artists to provide a good stock of art to increase the viability of the project in the future. All profits go to the next year’s scholarship.
One of these artists is Keith McMurran, whose work will be being put up for sale over the next few days.
The first of these is a cleric, suitable for old school RPGs and more lighthearted work with a style reminiscent of Phil Foglio. Download it HERE.
McMurrans work can be found in a gallery on Deviantart, though I feel that the work he has done for us is more representative of his talent.
We’ve released two catalogues of our all (current) products from across all sales sites.
The first catalogue is of all our products and has everyone in mind. Here you can find every game, every book, every RPG with easy links to take you right to them.
The second catalogue is made with fellow publishers in mind. We have a huge amount of stock art by various artists which can be difficult to navigate on the websites. Here you’ll find it all laid out, with links, so that you can easily flip through, find the pieces you need and add them to your checkout without wrangling around in a search engine.
I’ve had a bit of a spring clean and a re-brand of all my sites. So it seems like a good time to show you where you can find me, contact me, talk to me, bother me with questions and so on.
This is just my social media/website presence, but from this site – at least – you should be able to find everywhere that you can buy something of mine – should you be so inclined.
- My main ‘hub’ website is this one, where you can find most of my links, stores and so on as well as the most regular updates.ch as
- Community support is necessary to make things viable for creators such as myself these days and as such, please consider donating a buck a month to my Patreon.
- My writing/stories website can be found here. Here I talk about stories, writing and issues around it such as censorship.
- I have a Youtube channel where I provide game reviews and discussion, social and political commentary, humour, stories, ‘choose your own adventure’ poll games and more.
- On Facebook I can be found at Postmortem Studios, JGDGames and JDWriter as well as, as myself.
- G+ is still surprisingly active in a lot of ways, you can still find me there.
- There’s a Machinations of the Space Princess group over on G+ as well.
- Of the New Media alternatives, I find Minds.com to be the better one, you can find me there.
- I also run a roleplaying oriented group on Minds which you’re welcome to join.
- If you want to send me questions and queries, I have an Ask.fm.
- If you like random pictures of cats, countryside and me, then Instagram is here.
- My Twitter remains active and can be found here.