This is a Chronicle City project, not a Postmortem Studios project. I just have the contacts and exposure here and the CC website isn’t quite ready yet.
When I made my previous open art call I got too many responses, to the point where it was impossible to respond to everyone. I realise that may have put a few noses out of joint and I apologise. If the response to this call is anything like as strong as the previous one I’m going to have the same problem. So I apologise in advance for not necessarily replying to people who aren’t successful in applying!
- Colour cover (ensemble ‘cast’) digest format 300 dpi+
- Up to 16 small, interior B&W (line art) illustrations (1/4 page, B&W).
- Turnaround: ASAP.
- Budget: $600-$700 USD (Some wiggle room). If you would charge more, give us your quote and blow us away
- This is for a light, fun, indie-style role-playing game but the project may be suitable for people who wouldn’t normally work in this niche.
- A familiarity with comic/cartoon/children’s/young adult illustration style would be helpful.
- Please send examples or include a link to your portfolio.
- The setting is modern day, Pacific Northwest American. ‘Modern day’ could refer to anything from the 1980s to today.
- Character illustration is the most important aspect of the job. Fun characters with a sense of movement and expression are important.
Even if you’re not interested, please pass it on.
This could be a good learning experience for a talented art student are someone looking to gain experience or break into illustration. Even if you’re not interested, please pass it on across social media, groups, email lists, forums etc.
Contact address: grim AT postmort DOT demon DOT co DOT uk