The image to the left is a crow munching on an eyeball the latest Clipart Critter stockart from Brad McDevitt.
We’ve got hundreds of pieces by him at affordable prices for your handouts or your own gaming projects.
Please support me via my Patreon – you get discounts for as little as $1 a month.
This month’s discount is on 100 Planets.
Some of the people who have unsubbed from the Patreon have talked about a ‘lack of engagement’, but I honestly don’t know what you want to know or to talk to me about. What more I can do to keep my patrons happy. I’ve been trying to do things like add discounts and so on, but without query or comment I can’t really know what to do.
Whatever work you’re supporting me for, please feel free to question, comment, suggest, anything!
As a loyal follower of this blog, you can also get a discount on 100 Science Fiction Adventure Seeds this month!
Following on from the success of 100 Fantasy Adventure Seeds, this book provides you with a wealth of generic science fiction plots. There are 100 pages of ideas each with a base idea, three twists and an epilogue. Never be without game ideas again!
“This product is a GOLDMINE! As a creative GM as you are you can easily twist/tweak the adventures in this book to fit in your setting and world. I use it in my Eclipse Phase campaign. With this product you can fast and easy create ‘adventures within the adventure’ and side-plots and sidetracks.”
– Bertil, RPGNOW 5 Star Review
MARCH IN REVIEW
Gor’s art is finally almost done and I’ve been updating the backers more regularly over on IndieGoGo. I suppose once this is FINALLY delivered I can think about my next crowdfunded project – which is likely to be a multi-system, horror-themed ‘city dungeon’ primarily for 5th Edition D&D and Lamentations of the Flame Princess. I think I need a break though, and to assess why Gor took so long before I get into that.
I also need to keep support for Gor going while the license is held, to get as much material out as possible for Gor players. We already have one adventure out as an additional sort of preview, you can check that out in the recent products recap below. I’ve had to farm out writing on the Gorean supplementary material, which isn’t something I’m normally comfortable with, as well as moving beyond the usual scope of artists I have a work history with – so if you’re looking for art work, now’s a good time to apply.
I AM AVAILABLE FOR FREELANCE WORK:
Links to my profiles on Fiverr & People Per Hour (these will be expanded as I add services):
People Per Hour
Currently, my 2017 plate is clear and free for freelancing and consultancy. I’m pretty reliable and can offer reasonably fast turnaround. I can, perhaps uniquely, provide detail and grounding to scenarios – even dungeons – to humanise them and give them a bit of depth. Give me a try, see what I can do for your games.
I am a 17+ year veteran of the tabletop game publishing world with lots of experience in freelancing and self-publishing.
I’ve worked for Wizards of the Coast, Steve Jackson Games, Nightfall, Cubicle Seven Entertainment and more. I have also written fiction and worked on social media computer games, packing a lot of meaning into short pieces of text.
As a self-publisher, I have overseen every step of the publication process from concept through to publication including writing, editing, layout and modification. I also produce Youtube material and have begun producing audiobooks. If you need some narration for a video project or an audiobook reading, I can help.
Here’s some of the services I can offer, and the minimum prices offered – though anything is negotiable up or down depending on the client. I will work pseudonymously if that is a concern for you.
- New writing (raw text): $0.03c/word (minimum)
- Proofreading/Light Editing/Commentary: $0.01c/word (second and third deeper passes are possible).
- ePublishing/RPG Publishing consultation. Skype/Hangout/Call: $20/hour.
- Consultation on your game project: $20/hour.
- Layout (InDesign): $11 an hour.
- Stock Art Shopfront: Postmortem studios have a huge stock art catalogue from multiple artists and we’d love to add you to that storefront. If you’re an artist who wants to sell your stock art but doesn’t want to deal with the accounts and uploads etc with your own storefront (which would be my first recommendation) then I can do that for you for 50% (I round up your payouts). Even if you don’t want to do this through me I recommend doing it anyway for all artists and can consult on best practice if you need advice.
- Voice Work: If you find my dulcet tones to your liking, I’m available for voice over work and narration, recording audiobooks and more. Rates negotiable, starting at $11 per hour.
- Promotion/Interview: Free. If you have a product you want to pimp out or would like to just talk game design and culture you’re welcome to talk to me and appear on my Youtube channel.
- The Tower of Art: A preview/adventure for Tales of Gor: The Gorean Roleplaying Game.
- Gor Preview: A preview pamphlet for Tales of Gor: The Gorean Roleplaying Game.
- Chronomancer: A fifth edition character class for a ‘time mage’.
- The Alchymyst: A fifth edition character class for an ‘advanced’ alchemist.
- Urban Faerie: Gives you Wings: A fun little scenario for Urban Faerie that showcases all the absurdity and fun of Urban Faerie.
Our entire catalogue (other than the newer items) – easier to browse than the online sites can be downloaded for free HERE.
Social Media & Contact
I’m always open to contact, discussion, ideas and more. If you have questions, queries, suggestions or feedback – good or bad – please do get in touch.
Second Hand Books & Old Stock
I have a number of old books and stock available for sale. £5 for small format books, £10 for large format books + shipping (UK only).
Abney Park’s Airship Pirates
Adventurer’s Vault 4e
Agents of SWING: Agent Casefile
Ant Assault (Cardgame)
Black Rock Bandits (4e adventure & Map)
Bloodlust RPG (French)
CTD: Isle of the Mighty
Dark Conspiracy: Darktek
Dark Conspiracy: New Orleans
Desecration (Pathfinder adventure & map)
DK System (French)
DM’s Guide 2 (4e)
Dog Town RPG
Exalted: Return to the Tomb of Five Corners
Legend of the Five Rings LRP Rules
Mantel D’Acier (French)
MET: Book of the Damned
MET: Dark Epics
MET: Journal No 4
MET: Laws of the East
MET: Laws of the Hunt
MET: Laws of the Hunt Player’s Guide
MET: Laws of the Wild Changing Breeds 1
MET: Laws of the Wild Second Edition
MET: Oblivion (Obilvion)
MET: The Long Night
MET: The Masquerade Second Edition
MET: The Shining Host
Monster Manual 2 4e
MTA: Akashic Brotherhood
MTA: Akashic Brotherhood 1st Edition
MTA: Blood Treachery
MTA: Book of Shadows
MTA: Cult of Ecstacy
MTA: Initiates of the Art
MTA: Masters of the Art
MTA: Sons of Ether
MTA: The Book of Chantries
MTA: The Loom of Fate
MTA: Void Engineers
Ninjas & Superspies RPG
Palladium The Mechanoids (Rifts Sourcebook 2)
Player’s Handbook 2 4e
The Sting (Pathfinder adventure & map)
Traveller New Era: Fire Fusion & Steel
V:TM 2nd Edition
Victoriana 1st Edition
VTM: A World of Darkness
VTM: Berlin by Night
VTM: Blood Bond
VTM: Blood Magic, Secrets of Thaumaturgy
VTM: Chicago by Night
VTM: Children of the Inquisition
VTM: Children of the Night x2
VTM: Clanbook Assamite
VTM: Clanbook Brujah
VTM: Clanbook Brujah 1st Edition
VTM: Clanbook Gangrel
VTM: Clanbook Giovanni
VTM: Clanbook Malkavian x2
VTM: Clanbook Nosferatu
VTM: Clanbook Toreador
VTM: Clanbook Tremere
VTM: Clanbook Tremere 1st Edition
VTM: Clanbook Tzimisce
VTM: Followers of Set
VTM: Ghouls, Fatal Addiction
VTM: Guide to the Sabbat
VTM: Midnight Siege
VTM: Milwaukee by Night
VTM: New Orleans
VTM: New York by Night
VTM: Storyteller’s Handbook to the Sabbat
VTM: Storyteller’s Handbook
VTM: Storyteller’s Screen 2nd Edition
VTM: The Anarch Cookbook
VTM: The Hunters Hunted
VTM: The Player’s Guide to the Sabbat
VTM: The Succubus Club
VTM: Time of Thin Blood
WOD: Blood-Dimmed Tide
WTA: Axis Mundi – The Book of Spirits
WTO: The Risen
WTO: The Sea of Shadows
353-383 (two 383’s)
385-734 (two 393’s)