Many games have cataclysmic events in their pasts and the same is true even of fantasy and scientific settings that have not been made into games. Even Discworld has an apocalyptic past, best covered in Sourceror, and these events allow for all sorts of interesting things like ruins, dungeons, mutations, magical artefacts and so forth, all traced back to that singular event…
Keep reading at Patreon or Makersupport
For as little as a dollar a month to help support my RPG work, writing and video production you can get access to me, early content, discounts and more – as more Patrons help.
Oh great and powerful Interwubz I beseech thee for help,
I’m working on a thing that centres on small-town America, specifically in the Pacific Northwest. My experience of America is limited to films and a handful of American cities. While I want to retain a filmic feel I want to modernise and update a bit at the same time and make things a bit more genuinely relatable.
Can you help?
- What sort of businesses and services would you find?
- How does local medical care work? Clinics? Individual doctors?
- What sort of crime and local legends are there?
- Street names?
- What kind of work do people do? Are there still ‘one business towns’?
- What pieces of old Americana remain? Ice cream/soda parlours?
- Local mechanics?
- Small shops or just a 7/11 or a gas station store?
- Do kids still go out ‘exploring’ and riding bikes?
Anything and everything you can come up with that you might think would be useful to me would be great.