What constitutes my community? Is it my audience? The people I talk to most regularly? My usual gaming group? My patrons on Patreon?
I don’t really even know what would constitute ‘my community’! I have pages for my company and for me on Facebook. I’ve got communities on G+ but nothing is hugely active. So I guess to talk about my community I have to talk about who my audience is.
- My community has a sense of humour, frequently a dark sense of humour.
- My community cares more about fun than about politics, even though my material is frequently political (just it tends to be implicitly so, rather than explicitly so).
- My community is neither wedded to the ‘new school’ Indie style, nor traditional roleplaying.
- My community likes trying new and different things.
- My community is less squeamish about sex and violence than most.
- My community is interested in transgression and controversial topics.
- My community appreciates that my work has ‘layers’.
- My community cares passionately about the hobby, protecting and improving it.