The image to the left presents a pair of modern, supernatural enemies – perhaps ghouls or goblins. This is stock art by Brad McDevitt, available from our stock art collections for you to use in your personal or professional projects. You can find our stock art HERE.
We’ve got hundreds of pieces by him at affordable prices for your handouts or your own gaming projects.
If you are an artist who wants to sell your work via an established storefront, we can also help you out. Contact me privately if you’re interested.
Please support me via my PATREON – you get discounts for as little as $1 a month, as well as access to me for advice, suggestions and more.
This month’s discount is on the notorious card game, Cthentacle, a Cthulhu themed tentacle-sex card game. It’s very adult, so make sure you know you want it before you buy it!
As a loyal follower of this blog, you can also get a discount on Steamed, a print-and-play board game of giant, steam-powered mecha combat. You can also get this via Gamecrafters, the link is in the right hand column.
STEAMED is a simple (very simple) fast-paced board game of Steampunk mecha-duelling action. Take to one of four distinct mecha and try to beat the bolts out of each other.
Up to four players
Requires several six sided dice.
- ADA – The advanced, and shapely, mech of genius clacker Lady Emmeline Whitmore.
- Brunel – The devastatingly brutal construction mech of Carston McBride
- Haido Tian – The rocket-assisted robot of the notorious airpirate Hong Meifeng.
- Iron Hunter – The frontline military robot of Prussian noble Oberst Klein Von Thule.
July in Review
Another odd month, disrupted by many things. I have fallen ill again towards the end of the month, so this is likely to continue for some time. The Inside Gamergate book is (still) with the editor so I’m awaiting its return. I should still be on target to have it out by the end of the month, as was the aim. This is why you work in extra time on your projects!
We got the Gor art book out, and another Gor adventure. I have another one almost finished (finishing up some extra rules and waiting on art) then I’ll be back to doing more of a mix of things again. You have to mix things up to keep them fresh. At least once I’m feeling 100% again.
I AM AVAILABLE FOR FREELANCE WORK:
Links to my profiles on Fiverr & People Per Hour (these will be expanded as I add services):
Currently, my 2017 plate is clear and free for freelancing and consultancy from the end of July – though space can be made. I’m pretty reliable and can offer reasonably fast turnaround. I can, perhaps uniquely, provide detail and grounding to scenarios – even dungeons – to humanise them and give them a bit of depth. Give me a try, see what I can do for your games.
I am a 17+ year veteran of the tabletop game publishing world with lots of experience in freelancing and self-publishing.
I’ve worked for Wizards of the Coast, Steve Jackson Games, Nightfall, Cubicle Seven Entertainment and more. I have also written fiction and worked on social media computer games, packing a lot of meaning into short pieces of text.
As a self-publisher, I have overseen every step of the publication process from concept through to publication including writing, editing, layout and modification. I also produce Youtube material and have begun producing audiobooks. If you need some narration for a video project or an audiobook reading, I can help.
Here are some of the services I can offer, and the minimum prices offered – though anything is negotiable up or down depending on the client. I will work pseudonymously if that is a concern for you.
- New writing (raw text): $0.03c/word (minimum)
- Proofreading/Light Editing/Commentary: $0.01c/word (second and third deeper passes are possible).
- ePublishing/RPG Publishing consultation. Skype/Hangout/Call: $20/hour.
- Consultation on your game project: $20/hour.
- Layout (InDesign): $11 an hour.
- Stock Art Shopfront: Postmortem Studios have a huge stock art catalogue from multiple artists and we’d love to add you to that storefront. If you’re an artist who wants to sell your stock art but doesn’t want to deal with the accounts and uploads etc with your own storefront (which would be my first recommendation), then I can do that for you for 50% (I round up your payouts). Even if you don’t want to do this through me I recommend doing it anyway for all artists and can consult on best practice if you need advice.
- Voice Work: If you find my dulcet tones to your liking, I’m available for voice over work and narration, recording audiobooks and more. Rates negotiable, starting at $11 per hour.
- Promotion/Interview: Free. If you have a product you want to pimp out or would like to just talk game design and culture, you’re welcome to talk to me and appear on my Youtube channel.
- Book Trailers/Videos/Adverts.
- Paid Gamesmastering over streams/skype.
The Game of Worlds (Gor): The Game of Worlds A ‘side quest’ from the line of Tales of Gor adventures, The Game of Worlds is an excellent way to bring Earth-based characters to Gor and set them off on their adventures as an introduction. It starts on Earth and takes them to Gor, in the wake of being caught up in the intrigues on their own world, from there they can return – or stay – to live a life of adventure on a more colourful planet. This booklet also contains non-canonical speculation, rules and ideas for Earth-based campaigns and characters, as well as the interplanetary cold war as it plays out on that world.
Art of Gor: The Art of Gor contains the pieces by artist Michael Manning that were created for Tales of Gor and World of Gor. Accomplished and talented fetish Artist, Michael Manning, brings the Counter-Earth to life in these illustrations for the RPG and world guide to John Norman’s Gor. Here you can see the illustrations in their full-size glory and appreciate their detail and style.
The Silver Cult (Gor): The Silver Cult thrusts the characters into a conspiracy that threatens to overturn the natural order of Gor and the city of Tharna. Will they side with the revolutionaries who seek to usurp the power of that city, or help crush the rebellion? This supplement also contains rules for slave-breaking and torture, and for encouraging better roleplay through mechanics.
Map of Gor: A map of Gor to accompany Tales of Gor and World of Gor. Also available as a poster print.
Tales of Gor: Tales of Gor brings you into a striking world of science-fantasy role-playing. Born from the Gorean Cycle (34 books) by John Norman, Tales of Gor brings you to The Counter-Earth. A world of contradictions, freedom and slavery, science and fantasy, primitive violence and high technology ripe for adventure.
Social Media & Contact
I’m always open to contact, discussion, ideas and more. If you have questions, queries, suggestions or feedback – good or bad – please do get in touch.
- You can comment here on the blog (Postmortemstudios on WordPress)
- You can find me on Twitter @grimachu
- You can find me on Facebook (James Desborough) and Facebook pages as a game designer and as a writer. Postmortem Studios also has its own page.
- You can find me on Youtube (PostmortemVideo)
- If you want to ask questions (or troll me) anonymously, I have an Ask.fm (Grimachu) and a CuriousCat for more ‘risque’ or less PC queries.
- If you want to support my writing, games design and other work I have a Patreon (Grimachu)
- I’m also on G+ (JamesGrimDesborough).
- I’m on Minds.com as Grimachu
- I’m on Gab (Grimachu)
Second Hand Books & Old Stock
I have a number of old books and stock available for sale. £5 for small format books, £10 for large format books + shipping (UK only).
Abney Park’s Airship Pirates
Adventurer’s Vault 4e
Agents of SWING: Agent Casefile
Ant Assault (Cardgame)
Black Rock Bandits (4e adventure & Map)
Bloodlust RPG (French)
CTD: Isle of the Mighty
Dark Conspiracy: Darktek
Dark Conspiracy: New Orleans
Desecration (Pathfinder adventure & map)
DK System (French)
DM’s Guide 2 (4e)
Dog Town RPG
Exalted: Return to the Tomb of Five Corners
Legend of the Five Rings LRP Rules
Mantel D’Acier (French)
MET: Book of the Damned
MET: Dark Epics
MET: Journal No 4
MET: Laws of the East
MET: Laws of the Hunt
MET: Laws of the Hunt Player’s Guide
MET: Laws of the Wild Changing Breeds 1
MET: Laws of the Wild Second Edition
MET: Oblivion (Obilvion)
MET: The Long Night
MET: The Masquerade Second Edition
MET: The Shining Host
Monster Manual 2 4e
MTA: Akashic Brotherhood
MTA: Akashic Brotherhood 1st Edition
MTA: Blood Treachery
MTA: Book of Shadows
MTA: Cult of Ecstacy
MTA: Initiates of the Art
MTA: Masters of the Art
MTA: Sons of Ether
MTA: The Book of Chantries
MTA: The Loom of Fate
MTA: Void Engineers
Ninjas & Superspies RPG
Palladium The Mechanoids (Rifts Sourcebook 2)
Player’s Handbook 2 4e
The Sting (Pathfinder adventure & map)
Traveller New Era: Fire Fusion & Steel
V:TM 2nd Edition
Victoriana 1st Edition
VTM: Blood Bond
VTM: Blood Magic, Secrets of Thaumaturgy
VTM: Children of the Inquisition
VTM: Children of the Night
VTM: Clanbook Malkavian
VTM: Clanbook Tremere
VTM: Ghouls, Fatal Addiction
VTM: Guide to the Sabbat*
VTM: Midnight Siege
VTM: Storyteller’s Handbook to the Sabbat
VTM: Storyteller’s Handbook
VTM: Storyteller’s Screen 2nd Edition
VTM: The Anarch Cookbook
VTM: The Hunters Hunted
VTM: The Player’s Guide to the Sabbat
VTM: The Succubus Club
VTM: Time of Thin Blood
WOD: Blood-Dimmed Tide
WTA: Axis Mundi – The Book of Spirits
WTO: The Risen
WTO: The Sea of Shadows
353-383 (two 383’s)
385-734 (two 393’s)