The image to the left is a wizard either creating an illusion that they’re a Wizard, or removing the illusion. Perfect for any high-magic fantasy game, it is the latest Clipart Critter stock art from Brad McDevitt, which you can buy HERE.
We’ve got hundreds of pieces by him at affordable prices for your handouts or your own gaming projects.
If you are an artist who wants to sell your work via an established storefront, we can also help you out. Contact me privately if you’re interested.
I am currently seeking an artist to do a cover for my non-fiction book project ‘Inside Gamergate‘. If you’re interested and think you can do a good cover, depicting the Gamergate icon Vivian James, let me know. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please support me via my PATREON – you get discounts for as little as $1 a month, as well as access to me for advice, suggestions and more.
This month’s discount is on Wizkid: The Cheapening, a ‘Potteresque’ satire on Mage: The Ascension, terrible fan fiction and wizarding schools.
As a loyal follower of this blog, you can also get a discount on Pulp Nova this month. A collection of Neo-Pulp stories I wrote, which may be good inspiration for some Pulp RPGs.
A collection of ‘neo-pulp’ stories in the style of the classics but with a modern outlook and twist.
- Cichol’s Children – A cthuloid/mythos tale of the sea.
- Stain – A noir/detective tale of a washed up cop given a dead-end case.
- Shanks – A western tale of an Englishman abroad.
- The Black Rat – A working-class Batman.
- The Dastard – A sword and sorcery adventure in the company of a scoundrel with an atypical fantasy background.
- Wild – A jungle adventure with a pale ghost of the interior.
- Rink Rash – Post-apocalyptic, lesbian-roller derby exploitation fiction.
- Mimsy Burogrove – Psychedelic adventure and detective story, bordering on the New Weird.
- Doc Osmium – A two-fisted man of science against his – possibly – ultimate enemy.
- Tessa Coyle – Science Police adventures in a city of the future.
- Ace Slamm – What if Flash Gordon was an absolute cunt?
- One Man McCann – Weird War II commando adventure.
June in Review
June’s been an odd month. The Indiegogo for the Inside Gamergate book has – basically – paid me to work on it for two months – of which July is the second month. The writing itself was easy, events kind of created the book itself. It has been harder, now, because various Gamergate related events have blown up again, requiring a sudden flurry of edits and additions. I had considered the matter – largely – done with, but it seems I was wrong!
It has delayed, somewhat, the release of the Gor art book and the next couple of adventure supplements. When I hand the book over to the editor and wrangle the cover artist I should have the time and space to go back to that so you can anticipate those books coming out in July (one is virtually done already).
The Summer is NOT a good time for me. I hate the heat with a passion. Autumn is the best month for me – by far. I’ve even had to resort to wearing the kilt, just to keep cool. That has also had an effect on workflow (most especially by wrecking my sleep), but we’re getting by.
My Youtube channel also, finally, passed 1,000 subscribers, and it’s supposed to get easier from there. So if you like a weird mix of games talk, design talk, political commentary, reviews and other strangeness. Please feel free to subscribe.
I AM AVAILABLE FOR FREELANCE WORK:
Links to my profiles on Fiverr & People Per Hour (these will be expanded as I add services):
Currently, my 2017 plate is clear and free for freelancing and consultancy from the end of July – though space can be made. I’m pretty reliable and can offer reasonably fast turnaround. I can, perhaps uniquely, provide detail and grounding to scenarios – even dungeons – to humanise them and give them a bit of depth. Give me a try, see what I can do for your games.
I am a 17+ year veteran of the tabletop game publishing world with lots of experience in freelancing and self-publishing.
I’ve worked for Wizards of the Coast, Steve Jackson Games, Nightfall, Cubicle Seven Entertainment and more. I have also written fiction and worked on social media computer games, packing a lot of meaning into short pieces of text.
As a self-publisher, I have overseen every step of the publication process from concept through to publication including writing, editing, layout and modification. I also produce Youtube material and have begun producing audiobooks. If you need some narration for a video project or an audiobook reading, I can help.
Here are some of the services I can offer, and the minimum prices offered – though anything is negotiable up or down depending on the client. I will work pseudonymously if that is a concern for you.
- New writing (raw text): $0.03c/word (minimum)
- Proofreading/Light Editing/Commentary: $0.01c/word (second and third deeper passes are possible).
- ePublishing/RPG Publishing consultation. Skype/Hangout/Call: $20/hour.
- Consultation on your game project: $20/hour.
- Layout (InDesign): $11 an hour.
- Stock Art Shopfront: Postmortem Studios have a huge stock art catalogue from multiple artists and we’d love to add you to that storefront. If you’re an artist who wants to sell your stock art but doesn’t want to deal with the accounts and uploads etc with your own storefront (which would be my first recommendation), then I can do that for you for 50% (I round up your payouts). Even if you don’t want to do this through me I recommend doing it anyway for all artists and can consult on best practice if you need advice.
- Voice Work: If you find my dulcet tones to your liking, I’m available for voice over work and narration, recording audiobooks and more. Rates negotiable, starting at $11 per hour.
- Promotion/Interview: Free. If you have a product you want to pimp out or would like to just talk game design and culture, you’re welcome to talk to me and appear on my Youtube channel.
- Book Trailers/Videos/Adverts.
- Paid Gamesmastering over streams/skype.
The Silver Cult (Gor): The Silver Cult thrusts the characters into a conspiracy that threatens to overturn the natural order of Gor and the city of Tharna. Will they side with the revolutionaries who seek to usurp the power of that city, or help crush the rebellion? This supplement also contains rules for slave-breaking and torture, and for encouraging better roleplay through mechanics.
Map of Gor: A map of Gor to accompany Tales of Gor and World of Gor. Also available as a poster print.
Tales of Gor: Tales of Gor brings you into a striking world of science-fantasy role-playing. Born from the Gorean Cycle (34 books) by John Norman, Tales of Gor brings you to The Counter-Earth. A world of contradictions, freedom and slavery, science and fantasy, primitive violence and high technology ripe for adventure.
World of Gor: World of Gor collects the lore of the Gorean cycle of novels by John Norman into one reference volume, intended for use alongside the Tales of Gor roleplaying game. This reference work will also be useful to Gorean roleplayers and fans of all kinds, roleplayers or not as a resource for fanfiction, roleplaying and Gorean activities of all kinds.
The Tower of Art (Gor): The Tower of Art is the first adventure/supplement for Tales of Gor, the Gorean Roleplaying Game. As an introductory scenario, this supplement presents a relatively simple and easy example of such an adventure, as well as resources and additional material to improve your games (and the value of this supplement).
Print products are available at Lulu.com and The Game Crafter.
Social Media & Contact
I’m always open to contact, discussion, ideas and more. If you have questions, queries, suggestions or feedback – good or bad – please do get in touch.
Second Hand Books & Old Stock
I have a number of old books and stock available for sale. £5 for small format books, £10 for large format books + shipping (UK only).
Abney Park’s Airship Pirates
Adventurer’s Vault 4e
Agents of SWING: Agent Casefile
Ant Assault (Cardgame)
Black Rock Bandits (4e adventure & Map)
Bloodlust RPG (French)
CTD: Isle of the Mighty
Dark Conspiracy: Darktek
Dark Conspiracy: New Orleans
Desecration (Pathfinder adventure & map)
DK System (French)
DM’s Guide 2 (4e)
Dog Town RPG
Exalted: Return to the Tomb of Five Corners
Legend of the Five Rings LRP Rules
Mantel D’Acier (French)
MET: Book of the Damned
MET: Dark Epics
MET: Journal No 4
MET: Laws of the East
MET: Laws of the Hunt
MET: Laws of the Hunt Player’s Guide
MET: Laws of the Wild Changing Breeds 1
MET: Laws of the Wild Second Edition
MET: Oblivion (Obilvion)
MET: The Long Night
MET: The Masquerade Second Edition
MET: The Shining Host
Monster Manual 2 4e
MTA: Akashic Brotherhood
MTA: Akashic Brotherhood 1st Edition
MTA: Blood Treachery
MTA: Book of Shadows
MTA: Cult of Ecstacy
MTA: Initiates of the Art
MTA: Masters of the Art
MTA: Sons of Ether
MTA: The Book of Chantries
MTA: The Loom of Fate
MTA: Void Engineers
Ninjas & Superspies RPG
Palladium The Mechanoids (Rifts Sourcebook 2)
Player’s Handbook 2 4e
The Sting (Pathfinder adventure & map)
Traveller New Era: Fire Fusion & Steel
V:TM 2nd Edition
Victoriana 1st Edition
VTM: Blood Bond
VTM: Blood Magic, Secrets of Thaumaturgy
VTM: Children of the Inquisition
VTM: Children of the Night
VTM: Clanbook Malkavian
VTM: Clanbook Tremere
VTM: Ghouls, Fatal Addiction
VTM: Guide to the Sabbat*
VTM: Midnight Siege
VTM: Storyteller’s Handbook to the Sabbat
VTM: Storyteller’s Handbook
VTM: Storyteller’s Screen 2nd Edition
VTM: The Anarch Cookbook
VTM: The Hunters Hunted
VTM: The Player’s Guide to the Sabbat
VTM: The Succubus Club
VTM: Time of Thin Blood
WOD: Blood-Dimmed Tide
WTA: Axis Mundi – The Book of Spirits
WTO: The Risen
WTO: The Sea of Shadows
353-383 (two 383’s)
385-734 (two 393’s)