The image to the left is a supernatural rock star. The latest Clipart Critter stockart from Brad McDevitt.
We’ve got hundreds of pieces by him at affordable prices for your handouts or your own gaming projects.
Please support me via my Patreon – you get discounts for as little as $1 a month.
This month’s discount is on Camelot Cosmos (both the GM and Player’s books).
Patrons get to ask questions, engage, suggest topics for Youtube videos and otherwise get access to me, my thoughts and my expertise.
As a loyal follower of this blog, you can also get a discount on FATAL Highway this month!
This is a quick set of tried-and-tested rules for vehicles and vehicle chases in FATE. The original iteration of these rules can be found in Agents of SWING and aspects and versions of it can be found in other recent FATE products or fan-books I’ve written including Pacific Rim: FATE of Mankind and @ctiv8 2.0. This version contains some ideas written up for a FATE version of ‘45: Psychobilly Retropocalypse.
This booklet is all about cars, chases, crashes and some post-apocalyptic inspiration for those who want to play road warriors.
APRIL IN REVIEW
What a month, I’m pretty exhausted but the Gor main books are complete and out and it seems to be a success. The blowback I was anticipating hasn’t been as big or furious as I was braced for – which is a relief – and so far the game has been well received across a great many different Gorean communities. It has drawn me into the Drupal scandal however, so mixed blessings…
This is really all I’ve had time for through much of April, preparing Gor, commissioning work on adventures for it, art wrangling, dealing with printing, dealing with shipping and now doing a bunch of interviews and commentaries on it in all sorts of places.
Still, any promotion, sharing, likes and so on would be appreciated and if you have a blog, Youtube channel, podcast or similar and would like to talk about the Gor game, surrounding controversy or anything else – no matter how big or small your outlet, hit me up and we’ll work something out.
I AM AVAILABLE FOR FREELANCE WORK:
Links to my profiles on Fiverr & People Per Hour (these will be expanded as I add services):
Currently, my 2017 plate is clear and free for freelancing and consultancy. I’m pretty reliable and can offer reasonably fast turnaround. I can, perhaps uniquely, provide detail and grounding to scenarios – even dungeons – to humanise them and give them a bit of depth. Give me a try, see what I can do for your games.
I am a 17+ year veteran of the tabletop game publishing world with lots of experience in freelancing and self-publishing.
I’ve worked for Wizards of the Coast, Steve Jackson Games, Nightfall, Cubicle Seven Entertainment and more. I have also written fiction and worked on social media computer games, packing a lot of meaning into short pieces of text.
As a self-publisher, I have overseen every step of the publication process from concept through to publication including writing, editing, layout and modification. I also produce Youtube material and have begun producing audiobooks. If you need some narration for a video project or an audiobook reading, I can help.
Here’s some of the services I can offer, and the minimum prices offered – though anything is negotiable up or down depending on the client. I will work pseudonymously if that is a concern for you.
- New writing (raw text): $0.03c/word (minimum)
- Proofreading/Light Editing/Commentary: $0.01c/word (second and third deeper passes are possible).
- ePublishing/RPG Publishing consultation. Skype/Hangout/Call: $20/hour.
- Consultation on your game project: $20/hour.
- Layout (InDesign): $11 an hour.
- Stock Art Shopfront: Postmortem studios have a huge stock art catalogue from multiple artists and we’d love to add you to that storefront. If you’re an artist who wants to sell your stock art but doesn’t want to deal with the accounts and uploads etc with your own storefront (which would be my first recommendation) then I can do that for you for 50% (I round up your payouts). Even if you don’t want to do this through me I recommend doing it anyway for all artists and can consult on best practice if you need advice.
- Voice Work: If you find my dulcet tones to your liking, I’m available for voice over work and narration, recording audiobooks and more. Rates negotiable, starting at $11 per hour.
- Promotion/Interview: Free. If you have a product you want to pimp out or would like to just talk game design and culture you’re welcome to talk to me and appear on my Youtube channel.
- Tales of Gor: The Gorean roleplaying game.
- World of Gor: An encyclopaedia of the Gorean world, intended for use with the RPG.
- Map of Gor: A map of the Gorean landmass, modelled on the tiled floor of Samos of Port Kar.
- The Tower of Art: An adventure for the Gorean RPG.
- Fifth Fantasy: The Chronomancer – A character class for 5e.
Our entire catalogue (other than the newer items) – easier to browse than the online sites can be downloaded for free HERE.
Social Media & Contact
I’m always open to contact, discussion, ideas and more. If you have questions, queries, suggestions or feedback – good or bad – please do get in touch.
- You can comment here on the blog (Postmortemstudios on WordPress)
- You can find me on Twitter @grimachu
- You can find me on Facebook (James Desborough) and Facebook pages as a game designer and as a writer. Postmortem Studios also has its own page.
- You can find me on Youtube (PostmortemVideo)
- If you want to ask questions (or troll me) anonymously I have an Ask.fm (Grimachu)
- If you want to support my writing, games design and other work I have a Patreon (Grimachu)
- I’m also on G+ (JamesGrimDesborough).
- I’m on Minds.com as Grimachu
Second Hand Books & Old Stock
I have a number of old books and stock available for sale. £5 for small format books, £10 for large format books + shipping (UK only).
Abney Park’s Airship Pirates
Adventurer’s Vault 4e
Agents of SWING: Agent Casefile
Ant Assault (Cardgame)
Black Rock Bandits (4e adventure & Map)
Bloodlust RPG (French)
CTD: Isle of the Mighty
Dark Conspiracy: Darktek
Dark Conspiracy: New Orleans
Desecration (Pathfinder adventure & map)
DK System (French)
DM’s Guide 2 (4e)
Dog Town RPG
Exalted: Return to the Tomb of Five Corners
Legend of the Five Rings LRP Rules
Mantel D’Acier (French)
MET: Book of the Damned
MET: Dark Epics
MET: Journal No 4
MET: Laws of the East
MET: Laws of the Hunt
MET: Laws of the Hunt Player’s Guide
MET: Laws of the Wild Changing Breeds 1
MET: Laws of the Wild Second Edition
MET: Oblivion (Obilvion)
MET: The Long Night
MET: The Masquerade Second Edition
MET: The Shining Host
Monster Manual 2 4e
MTA: Akashic Brotherhood
MTA: Akashic Brotherhood 1st Edition
MTA: Blood Treachery
MTA: Book of Shadows
MTA: Cult of Ecstacy
MTA: Initiates of the Art
MTA: Masters of the Art
MTA: Sons of Ether
MTA: The Book of Chantries
MTA: The Loom of Fate
MTA: Void Engineers
Ninjas & Superspies RPG
Palladium The Mechanoids (Rifts Sourcebook 2)
Player’s Handbook 2 4e
The Sting (Pathfinder adventure & map)
Traveller New Era: Fire Fusion & Steel
V:TM 2nd Edition
Victoriana 1st Edition
VTM: Blood Bond
VTM: Blood Magic, Secrets of Thaumaturgy
VTM: Children of the Inquisition
VTM: Children of the Night
VTM: Clanbook Malkavian
VTM: Clanbook Tremere
VTM: Ghouls, Fatal Addiction
VTM: Guide to the Sabbat*
VTM: Midnight Siege
VTM: Storyteller’s Handbook to the Sabbat
VTM: Storyteller’s Handbook
VTM: Storyteller’s Screen 2nd Edition
VTM: The Anarch Cookbook
VTM: The Hunters Hunted
VTM: The Player’s Guide to the Sabbat
VTM: The Succubus Club
VTM: Time of Thin Blood
WOD: Blood-Dimmed Tide
WTA: Axis Mundi – The Book of Spirits
WTO: The Risen
WTO: The Sea of Shadows
353-383 (two 383’s)
385-734 (two 393’s)