The image to the left is a fantasy showdown, the latest Clipart Critter stockart from Brad McDevitt.
We’ve got hundreds of pieces by him at affordable prices for your handouts or your own gaming projects.
Please support me via my Patreon – you get discounts for as little as $1 a month.
This month’s discount is on Final Straw, a ‘school shooting’ card game illustrated by Zel. The scholarship I run in his memory has now closed and a winner will be announced within the next few days.
As a loyal follower of this blog, you can also get a discount on BLOOD! this month!
Back from the grave comes a new edition of Underground Games classic horror RPG, Blood! Appropriately enough rewritten and reconfigured by Postmortem Studios.
The new edition holds over ‘150’ pages of blood, gore, violence, psychopaths, insanity, zombies, vampires, chainsaws, belt sanders, gratuitous injuries and other material to help you create a suitably nasty atmosphere for any type of horror game.
Gritty and deadly percentile system to evoke the harsh brutality and fetished violence of the genre..
- Over 25 maim-worthy critical hit tables.
- Statistics for household items, tools and many other unconventional items to be used as weapons – almost ‘400’ of them.
- Almost ’30’ different profession templates, and rules for your own.
- Rules for insanity, exhaustion and bleeding.
- Over ’90’ skills.
- Fantastic art by Gavin Hargest, Darkzel, Bradley K McDevitt and Paul Campion.
Blood! is the unashamed and unflinching horror game for the horror afficiando who wishes to recreate the visceral, stomach-churning horror of the video-nasties of the 70s and 80s as well as their more modern imitators.
You will die, but you will enjoy it.
There’s a lot of supplementary material available for BLOOD! too, so don’t forget to check that out.
FEBRUARY IN REVIEW
Progress continues slow and steady on various projects. Gor – whether the remaining art is ready or not – will come out at the end of this month. There’s simply no more putting it off. This month I have organised writers and artists to form a pool to crack on with the supplementary material.
February was a slow month for sales, but good for freelancing and the expansion of my work into other arenas (consulting etc). I’ll continue to expand my variety of work etc to try and boost my income – some of which will be re-invested into the games!
If you’ve got any freelancing or other work available, do let me know and feel free to look me up on Fiverr or PeoplePerHour as well.
I AM AVAILABLE FOR FREELANCE WORK:
Currently, my 2017 plate is clear (from April) and free for freelancing and consultancy. I’m pretty reliable and can offer reasonably fast turnaround. I can, perhaps uniquely, provide detail and grounding to scenarios – even dungeons – to humanise them and give them a bit of depth. Give me a try, see what I can do for your games.
I am a 17+ year veteran of the tabletop game publishing world with lots of experience in freelancing and self-publishing.
I’ve worked for Wizards of the Coast, Steve Jackson Games, Nightfall, Cubicle Seven Entertainment and more. I have also written fiction and worked on social media computer games, packing a lot of meaning into short pieces of text.
As a self-publisher, I have overseen every step of the publication process from concept through to publication including writing, editing, layout and modification. I also produce Youtube material and have begun producing audiobooks. If you need some narration for a video project or an audiobook reading, I can help.
Here’s some of the services I can offer, and the minimum prices offered – though anything is negotiable up or down depending on the client. I will work pseudonymously if that is a concern for you.
- New writing (raw text): $0.03c/word (minimum)
- Proofreading/Light Editing/Commentary: $0.01c/word (second and third deeper passes are possible).
- ePublishing/RPG Publishing consultation. Skype/Hangout/Call: $20/hour.
- Consultation on your game project: $20/hour.
- Layout (InDesign): $11 an hour.
- Stock Art Shopfront: Postmortem studios have a huge stock art catalogue from multiple artists and we’d love to add you to that storefront. If you’re an artist who wants to sell your stock art but doesn’t want to deal with the accounts and uploads etc with your own storefront (which would be my first recommendation) then I can do that for you for 50% (I round up your payouts). Even if you don’t want to do this through me I recommend doing it anyway for all artists and can consult on best practice if you need advice.
- Voice Work: If you find my dulcet tones to your liking, I’m available for voice over work and narration, recording audiobooks and more. Rates negotiable, starting at $11 per hour.
- Promotion/Interview: Free. If you have a product you want to pimp out or would like to just talk game design and culture you’re welcome to talk to me and appear on my Youtube channel.
Chronomancer: A fifth edition character class for a ‘time mage’.
The Alchymyst: A fifth edition character class for an ‘advanced’ alchemist.
Urban Faerie: Gives you Wings: A fun little scenario for Urban Faerie that showcases all the absurdity and fun of Urban Faerie.
Black Mass: A horror scenario for Blood! The adventure plays off the paranoia of the right wing and the naivity of the left to create a hybrid scenario shocking through violence, culture shock and violating various racial conceits. Think of it as an urban Green Inferno.
Sexbots: A supplement for Machinations of the Space Princess detailing sexbots, adding character creation options and fitting them into the implicit setting of MotSP.
Our entire catalogue (other than the newer items) – easier to browse than the online sites can be downloaded for free HERE.
Social Media & Contact
I’m always open to contact, discussion, ideas and more. If you have questions, queries, suggestions or feedback – good or bad – please do get in touch.
- You can comment here on the blog (Postmortemstudios on WordPress)
- You can find me on Twitter @grimachu
- You can find me on Facebook (James Desborough) and Facebook pages as a game designer and as a writer. Postmortem Studios also has its own page.
- You can find me on Youtube (PostmortemVideo)
- If you want to ask questions (or troll me) anonymously I have an Ask.fm (Grimachu)
- If you want to support my writing, games design and other work I have a Patreon (Grimachu)
- I’m also on G+ (JamesGrimDesborough).
- I’m on Minds.com as Grimachu
Second Hand Books & Old Stock
I have a number of old books and stock available for sale. £5 for small format books, £10 for large format books + shipping (UK only).
Abney Park’s Airship Pirates
Adventurer’s Vault 4e
Agents of SWING: Agent Casefile
Ant Assault (Cardgame)
Black Rock Bandits (4e adventure & Map)
Bloodlust RPG (French)
CTD: Isle of the Mighty
Dark Conspiracy: Darktek
Dark Conspiracy: New Orleans
Desecration (Pathfinder adventure & map)
DK System (French)
DM’s Guide 2 (4e)
DM’s Guide to Immortals (Basic D&D)
Dog Town RPG
Exalted: Return to the Tomb of Five Corners
Legend of the Five Rings LRP Rules
Mantel D’Acier (French)
MET: Book of the Damned
MET: Dark Epics
MET: Journal No 4
MET: Laws of the East
MET: Laws of the Hunt
MET: Laws of the Hunt Player’s Guide
MET: Laws of the Wild Changing Breeds 1
MET: Laws of the Wild Second Edition
MET: Oblivion (Obilvion)
MET: The Long Night
MET: The Masquerade Second Edition
MET: The Shining Host
Monster Manual 2 4e
MTA: Akashic Brotherhood
MTA: Akashic Brotherhood 1st Edition
MTA: Blood Treachery
MTA: Book of Shadows
MTA: Cult of Ecstacy
MTA: Initiates of the Art
MTA: Masters of the Art
MTA: Sons of Ether
MTA: The Book of Chantries
MTA: The Loom of Fate
MTA: Void Engineers
Ninjas & Superspies RPG
Palladium The Mechanoids (Rifts Sourcebook 2)
Player’s Handbook 2 4e
Red Box Basic D&D
The Sting (Pathfinder adventure & map)
Traveller New Era: Fire Fusion & Steel
V:TM 2nd Edition
Victoriana 1st Edition
VTM: A World of Darkness
VTM: Berlin by Night
VTM: Blood Bond
VTM: Blood Magic, Secrets of Thaumaturgy
VTM: Chicago by Night
VTM: Children of the Inquisition
VTM: Children of the Night x2
VTM: Clanbook Assamite
VTM: Clanbook Brujah
VTM: Clanbook Brujah 1st Edition
VTM: Clanbook Gangrel
VTM: Clanbook Giovanni
VTM: Clanbook Malkavian x2
VTM: Clanbook Nosferatu
VTM: Clanbook Toreador
VTM: Clanbook Tremere
VTM: Clanbook Tremere 1st Edition
VTM: Clanbook Tzimisce
VTM: Followers of Set
VTM: Ghouls, Fatal Addiction
VTM: Guide to the Sabbat
VTM: Midnight Siege
VTM: Milwaukee by Night
VTM: New Orleans
VTM: New York by Night
VTM: Storyteller’s Handbook to the Sabbat
VTM: Storyteller’s Handbook
VTM: Storyteller’s Screen 2nd Edition
VTM: The Anarch Cookbook
VTM: The Hunters Hunted
VTM: The Player’s Guide to the Sabbat
VTM: The Succubus Club
VTM: Time of Thin Blood
WOD: Blood-Dimmed Tide
WTA: Axis Mundi – The Book of Spirits
WTO: The Risen
WTO: The Sea of Shadows
353-383 (two 383’s)
385-734 (two 393’s)