As such I am extending the application period until the end of February.
Here’s the cliff notes on how to apply:
- In order to apply you need to be in full-time education or to be in reduced circumstances (disabled, long term unemployed or in need of the money (around $600-700 at the moment) for a good reason.
- You need to submit a piece of artwork to be considered. Ideally this should be a new piece of art and it needs to be of publishable quality (at least 300dpi and at least A6 in size).
- Your artwork and your area of interest must be science fiction or fantasy, more broadly ‘genre’ fiction pieces are what is desired. That can include horror, post-apocalyptic and other sub-genres as well.
- The winning piece of artwork will be sold in future in order to help fund and perpetuate the scholarship.
- Send a query to grim AT postmort DOT demon DOT co DOT uk if you need more information.
- As and when you win you’ll need to be able to receive the money via Paypal.
The fundraiser appears to still be open for late donations. If you ARE an artist who wants to help you can also donate art for sale to help perpetuate the scholarship.
Once again, I ask any and al SF&F artists out there to help spread the word to art students and struggling artists everywhere. A few hundred dollars isn’t much but it’s enough to eat for a while, get art supplies, replace a broken tablet or tattoo gun and to make a difference.
If we continue to have no applications I will either roll the money over to next year, or find a deserving charity (perhaps the CBLDF) to donate to.