On to the next problem.
I like skills.
I like skills because they allow you to tell a story about where your character has been, where they’re going, what they want to do. It gives you great customisation and depth in a way more abstract system choices often don’t.
I also want to break down some of the things that were found elsewhere in other versions of the game (such as saving throws and attack scores) and sling them into skills to unify the mechanic.
How could we split this up then?
And for combat skills?
- One-Handed Weapons
- Two-Handed Weapons
- Ranged Weapons
Then what else do we need? What are the staples?
- Craft (various – lockpicking, trapmaking and similar would come under this as well as weapon-making).
- Knowledge (various)
- Lore (general magical knowledge).
I also intend to fold some aspects of magic into skills and to compensate for the power and scope of magic it’s an idea to thrust it into the skill system as well so magicians need to spread their spells a bit thinner.
A character would start with 10+(Intelligence+Wisdom) skill points to spend. Maximum starting skill level would be +5.
A skill (or indeed any other) roll would be d20+Stat Bonus + Skill Bonus Vs Target Number.
A 6-Pack Adventure: pick-up-and-play adventures designed to fill 2-4 hours of play and containing everything you need.
- Battle Map
- Pre-generated characters
For longevity you can use the tokens and the map for anything else you care to do and the adventures should be fairly easily adaptable to fit into your existing campaign if you want.
THULU! Has a ragged band of grizzled warriors trying to hold off the orc horde long enough for relief to arrive.
Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and are used under license. See paizo.com/pathfinderRPG for more information on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
Buy download HERE
In print HERE
These are all the projects ground was broken on last year that need completion before I’m free to do whatever the hell I want in a more relaxed manner (basically, I’m boned).
6-Pack (Pathfinder adventure – Needs layout).
Traveller: Alienist (career path – Needs layout).
- Lady Bexington’s Home for Wayward Zombies (board game – needs layout).
- Steampunk Mecha Duel (board game – waiting on art).
- Cthentacle: Spankham Asylum (Waiting on art).
- ImagiNation (Using the descriptive system from Neverwhere – Needs edit and layout).
- IRRESPRESSIBLE! (Waiting on art, needs editing and layout).
- Gilder (Open d6 ‘DungeonPunk’ game – Writing needs completion).
- Project (Open d6 SF, mission-oriented game – Writing & art needed).
- Camelot Cosmos (FATE, Arthurian SF game – Waiting on art).