/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”;}
Hello again Shadow World fans. Since I presented my notes for Bloodsucker: The Batshit I thought it only fair to give you a look behind the scenes of Call of Chavthullu as well. So here’s a little preview along with some insight into the inspiration behind it.
Much like all my other Introductions this sets out what’s to come and provides a glossary of new terminology.
Chapter 1: New Credoz
Unlike their Bloodsucker equivalents these new Credoz are not a separate scene just rarer breeds. You are free to include them or ignore them as you like.
The new Credoz are
- Beastz: Feral animalistic Chavs with an appreciation for what little animal life there is in a city. These were the first new Credo I came up with. Essentially I thought why not give the Chavs a transforming nature lover archetype?
- Gopnikz: Eastern European Chav aristocracy. These were a late addition to the rules when I dumped a poorly thought out Credo. Someone on the White Wolf forums gave me the Russian for Chav and I used it to create these monstrosities.
- Menacez: A cult within the Chav scene that worships the ‘Prophet Dennis.’ Like Jimmy Saville Dennis the Menace is a proto Chav so it seemed only fair to give him his own Credo especially one that worships him as a kind of messiah figure.
- Lard Arsez: Embodiments of excessive Sloth the Lard Arsez are great hulking lumps of gristle that refuse to be moved in anything other than a dire emergency. There are obvious similarities to the Mafioso Fatsos. Both were inspired by the obesity epidemic. Mafioso Fatsos however have none of the slothfulness of these critters.
- Rapperz: Music is a key component of the Chav scene and these lyrical chaps are its bards. Possessing amazing powers of rhyme these skilled musicians wield a great deal of power amongst Chav society. This Credo just had to be made sometime!
- Skinheadz: Oh dear Lord what have I done! Although the Chav scene is considerably more multicultural than many others they are thug types so it seemed right to add in a group of racist outcasts. Naturally these guys won’t get on well with almost all of the other Credoz but they are a perfect antagonist.
- Taggerz: Finally we come to the Taggerz. Like the music the artwork is a key component of the Chav scene. It seems only fair to create a Credo dedicated to it and here they are. They even have a secret language in their art that facilitates secret communication and through it intrigue and double dealing.
New Life Templates
This chapter is a rewrite of all the Templates presented so far for use by Chavs. Community Support officer is obviously left out as no Chav would work for the Police but all the other life templates presented in Bloodsucker: The Juice and Bloodsucker: The Batshit. I have included the Batshit ones as I have no plans for a second Chav supplement. Without an antagonist faction there is no need for one after this.
Presented herein are several new Talentz for use and abuse by your Chavs.
- Bash: Enhances your Chav’s fighting ability with blunt weapons. Don’t know why I left this out of the Core but its here now.
- Beatz: The Talent associated with the Rapperz for wielding the power of music.
- Corpulence: The Talent the Lard Arsez use to take advantage of their humongous nature.
- Cossack Kick: The Talent Gopnikz use to kick hard and fast.
- Cuss: A Talent for using bad language to inflict pain. Most commonly used by the Skinheadz.
- Morph: The Beastz’ Talent for shape shifting into animals.
- Tag: The Taggerz’ Talent for animating and merging with their creations.
I was quite happy with all of these after a bit of tweaking. I’m sure you will all enjoy using and abusing them.
New Bells and Whistles
I struggled with this section. I was unsure what advanced systems to add to the game as the Core seemed quite comprehensive.
The first thing that came to mind was a systematic representation of Chavs’ cowardliness and reliance on being in groups. This manifested itself in the ganging up bonus. Now you gain Bile for outnumbering your enemy.
Secondly I was inspired by Geist and Promethean to include a method of mystically bonding the Crews. This further emphasises the importance of the Crew in the game and provides a mechanical bonus beyond merely being chummy.
Finally and following on from the bonding system I created the Tacticz system. This allows the Boss of a Crew to enhance his orders supernaturally with Bile and allows his Crew to act in various ways outside of the normal initiative order.
New Fluff and Advice
This section gives you advice on constructing characters in Chav Society, advice on high powered games and some more polite terms for the Credoz.
As well as a reprinting of Cults and Constructs this chapter presents the ever present threat of Bouncers.
More God awful fiction is included in the style of that Certain Other Roleplaying Game.
The Call of Chavthullu expands the world of Chav in much the same way as Juice and Batshit expanded the Bloodsucker world. You could play Chav with the core book alone but the goodies displayed in this expansion should tempt you to give it a shot.