Happy Arbitrary Time Increment everyone!
I’m just here to give you a heads up on what the plans are for Postmortem Studios in this forthcoming 2009.
- Redesign: Expect this blog/site to get a facelift and redesign in the early part of this year, something a bit more slick and professional and I think I’ll be retiring the old Postmortem Studios logo for something a bit more ‘chic’.
- Cthentacle: This is my first priority this year, to get Cthentacle out of the door. I have, somewhat controversially, decided to go with the simplified, faster, Vs rules for this iteration of the game.
- All These Worlds: Mongoose’s Traveller is going a storm and there’s really no point me reinventing the wheel, so this is being revised for a second time and will become a series of expansions and materials for Traveller, most likely released – somewhat – via Mongoose’s Flaming Cobra line.
- 100 Series: 100 Conspiracies and 100 Conspirators, 100 Supervillain Plots and 100 Supervillain Lairs will be the next few 100 Series books. I’m also cooking up a similar concept for players, something akin to the old Central Casting ‘lifepath’ books.
- Neverwhere: When I get time the third edition of this free RPG will be made available. This will also have more ‘proper’ rules for those who like such things.
- D&D4: I hope to be writing for Axe Initiative and I also hope to be releasing a complete adventure line, piecemeal, for D&D 4th Edition, a ‘super campaign’ that takes character from starting out to maximum level while also spinning out a complete game world. I also hope to begin work on my world-city setting.
- Gumshoe: Expect a Gumshoe version of @ctiv8 at some point during the year.
- Blood!: If there’s time I hope to get Hell on Earth out of the door this year. That’s the Renaissance/Enlightenment/Witch Burning era version of Blood!
- Fiction: I WILL complete a book of short-mid length stories this year and self publish, this is my promise to myself.
- Fanbooks: I hope to complete a Fallout fanbook for the Xpress system, again, depending on time.
- Getting Paid: Fingers crossed I get paid for work I’ve done over the last 2-3 years that I haven’t yet been paid for 😛
- Other: Agents of Swing (Xpress) and Unnamed Barbarian Fantasy Game (Xpress), The Pretentious Game.
If you’re looking for work this year and you’re a writer or an artist I need the following things:
- Someone with knowledge of d20 Modern, RuneQuest and my game, Blood!, willing to do some system conversions/creations for all three systems at about ten dollars a shot.
- A map-maker, preferably using the newer versions of campaign cartographer, willing to do play-mat style grid-work (nothing too fancy required) at about the same payment as above, per map.
- A map maker/illustrator willing to do larger, more freehand maps at about 25-100 per shot, depending on the size and intricacy required. CC maps also acceptable here.
- If anyone wants to release clipart through my established channel, they’re welcome to, the profit split is about 50/50.
- I’m also willing to take on, produce and publish games that you’d like to and have no time to put out yourself at a similar profit split (after my costs are recouped.
Watch this space!
Hey Grim. I’ve been doing a lot of maps lately for various publishers. Check out http://team-preston.com
Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can get you a glimpse of more maps as well.
Cthentacle: Release date?
So, when is it coming out and when can I give you my hard earned money?
Re: Cthentacle: Release date?
ASAP 🙂 Hopefully next week!